Walmart has announced that it will begin offering several of its own technologies and capabilities to other businesses and brands seeking to better serve customers as they increasingly shop across digital and physical storefronts. As part of this effort, Walmart also announced a strategic partnership with Adobe to integrate Walmart’s Marketplace, online and in-store fulfillment and pickup technologies with Adobe Commerce, a leading commerce solution for merchants and brands.
During the last several years, Walmart has built a world class organization that has developed its own technologies and services to meet the rapidly evolving needs of customers at scale. These unique capabilities enable Walmart to better serve customers, create differentiated experiences and grow its business as digital shopping continues to increase.
“We’ve built new capabilities to serve the evolving needs of our own customers, and we have a unique opportunity to use our experience to help other businesses do the same,” said John Furner, chief executive officer of Walmart U.S. “Commercializing our technologies and capabilities helps us sustainably reinvest back into our customer value proposition.”
The initial partnership will allow Adobe’s retail customers:
- To Provide Best-in-class Store Pickup Experiences: Offering omni-channel services can be a complex process for retailers. By leveraging Walmart’s industry-leading fulfillment technologies, Adobe Commerce customers will be able to:
- Show store pickup eligibility and available pickup times online
- Offer multiple pickup options including curbside and in-store pickup
- Provide store associates with advanced mobile tools to optimize pick path, multi-order pickups, validate item selection and manage substitutions
- Enable compelling collection experiences for consumers, including order pickup communications, check-in options to notify store associates, accurate customer ETA, and arrival detection
- Reach New Customers through Walmart’s Marketplace: Adobe Commerce and Magento Open Source retail customers will soon be able to syndicate and sell their products on Walmart’s rapidly growing Marketplace, giving them access to millions of new customers who frequently shop on Walmart.com. By joining the Marketplace, Adobe retail customers will also have access to Walmart’s Fulfillment services to offer two-day shipping to customers nationwide. Lastly, Adobe is already working on consolidating its other channel solutions into a single, unified extension to enable its retail customers to easily manage multiple sales channels via a single integrated tool that provides easy, straight-forward account setup and catalog syndication.
“We’re excited to collaborate with Walmart to help Adobe merchants expand their businesses to new channels and offer shopping experiences that increase their competitiveness and fit well with shifting consumer behaviours in an increasingly digital economy,” said Anil Chakravarthy, executive vice president and general manager, Digital Experience Business and Worldwide Field Operations at Adobe.